SOME OF OUR RECENT DRIVEWAYS IN NORTHAMPTON & WELLINGBOROUGH
THE PROCESS OF INSTALLING A BLOCK DRIVEWAY
1) Excavation of your old driveway.
2) Removal of rubble/waste.
3) Sub base of MOT type 1 to be installed, depth depending on ground density, this will then be compacted using a whacker plate.
4) We then put a layer of sharp sand over the hardcore and screen it to make it level and smooth.
5) We then whacker the sharp sand to avoid any sinkage of the blocks.
6) We then insatll the blocks over the sharp sand in the desired style/pattern.
7) We then fill the blocks with fine paving sand, whack it again to ensure the paving sand is fitted and then cover the drive with sealer so the sand stays in place.
8) Driveway complete.
If you are interested in getting a quote for block paving or blaock paved driveway, please get in touch.